Marrin Costello LLC, a Florida limited liability company, (hereinafter referred to as "Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy. For this reason, we want you to understand how we collect and use the information and content you share on our website (collectively the “Information”).
This policy describes the types of Information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit shopMARRINCOSTELLO.COM (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Information.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of Information you provide to us, from and about users of our Website.
This includes Information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; or
- Any other Information you choose to provide to us. For example, this may include your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, forms that you fill out, promotions, requests for customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We collect this Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and Information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partner, such as Shopify or advertisers.
WHAT WE DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with Information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store Information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website;
- Research/develop new content and services;
- Provide customer support;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, such as providing marketing materials.
When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your Personal Information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
The Information and technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Log and Usage Data: We may log data when you access our Website, such as Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, device information, device settings, links clicked, the requested URL, and search terms. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For simplicity, here is non-exhaustive list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional. Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit. Used by our Website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks. Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location, for example, with your consent, by using GPS or Bluetooth on your mobile device. We may also receive your location Information when you choose to share such Information when using our Website, such as associating your content with a location or your IP address.
The Information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We may disclose aggregated Information about our users, and Information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Marrin Costello LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Marrin Costello LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use for service request on our Website, we will transmit communications for such request to your email address;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Sale; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form), or at any other time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your Information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your Information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more Information
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your Information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the Information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your Information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your Personal Information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about a third parties use of your Information, you should contact the responsible party directly.
Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being visited.
To protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Data obtained from you in connection with SMS messages may include your telephone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us. However, this information will not be shared with any third parties, except as otherwise described under this policy.
AGE OF CONSENT
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screenname or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more Information.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.